COSMIC, Room 31
South Wharf Road
020 3312 6175
Charity No. 1043697
Check out the latest updates
Abseil down St Mary's Hospital to help save children's lives
On Monday 21st September we will be descending St Mary's Hospital to raise money for the children's intensive care unit. You can join us!
Experience the stunning rooftop views of London before abseiling down the side of the QEQM building and celebrating this enormous achievement as your feet hit the ground. The abseil is open to everyone (18 years and over). No previous experience is necessary as you will receive training on the day.
Registration costs £30 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £70 in sponsorship. The COSMIC team will be there every step of the way to help you with your fundraising, providing ideas and guidance to help make this a fulfilling achievement, both in terms of challenge and fundraising level.
GIVE a child a COSMIC Life
Every year the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at St Mary's Hospital in London treats hundreds of children who are seriously ill. COSMIC relies totally on your donations to provide life-saving equipment and to fund vital research to ensure that the children in our care get the best treatment possible. Find out more
Donate by clicking here or text COSM10 and the amount you wish to donate afterwards e.g. COSM10 £10 to 70070
<p>What is COSMIC? from COSMIC Charity on Vimeo.
For more cute video clips and to find out more about the #IAMCOSMIC campaign click here
These are just a few examples of what the money donated to COSMIC can go towards to help us help sick children, as well as their families and our ward staff.
- 60p - Toothbrushes and toothpaste for parents staying in our hotels
- £8 - One bereavement support book for siblings
- £10 - One welcome pack and PICU parent information booklets
- £10 - A gift for patients/siblings/parents who may have a birthday whilst in hospital
- £15 - One set of baby hand imprints and a presentation box
- £30 - Modelling dough for foot and hand imprints used as part of our bereavement work
- £45 - One child bereavement counselling session
- £70 - £100 – 1 night in a hotel nearby for parents
- £100 - Travel reimbursement between home and hospital for 1 week
- £500 - Contribute towards a patient funeral costs for a family experiencing financial hardship
- £800 - Quarterly funding for parent bereavement counsellor
- £1,500 - A syringe pump to administer drugs at precise intervals in exact quantities
- £3,000 - A “Baby pod” which is used to safely and securely transport sick children
- £5,500 - Ventilator upgrades, making them state of the art
- £35,000 - A high frequency Oscillating ventilator
- £150,000 - An intensive care bed and basic machines