COSMIC, Room 31
South Wharf Road
020 3312 6175
Charity No. 1043697
Check out the latest updates
GIVE a child a COSMIC Life
The COSMIC Walk is back! Join us on Sunday 14th June for a family fun filled day!
The annual COSMIC Walk is a 5K sponsored Walk, led by founder of St Mary’s Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and COSMIC Chairman Dr Parviz Habibi. The Walk helps raise vital funds to purchase new equipment for the unit and to support families going through one of the worst times of their lives.
The Walk is a long standing tradition of the COSMIC annual programme of events - the first Walk was in 1995 celebrating COSMIC's 1st birthday! The Walk brings together past patients, their families, hospital staff and the local community and is a great way to raise awareness of COSMIC. Starting at 1pm on Sunday June 14th at Paddington Green Recreation Ground, the walk takes in the greenery of the park, and ends at Paddington Green school. To celebrate your fantastic efforts, the walk concludes with a Family Fun Day filled with entertainment - bouncy castles, refreshments, games, and the Stormtroopers!
All we ask is for you to raise £20 per adult and £5 per child in your team to help us reach this life changing target.
The first 30 teams to register will be entered into a prize draw for a family hamper filled with toys, bubbly, and chocolate!
For more info or to sign up call 0203 312 6175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can download a registration form and return it to us by email or post to COSMIC, St Mary's Hospital, Room 31, Ground Floor Salton House, South Wharf Road, London W2 1BL.
We are recruiting an intern. For a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the charity sector, including fundraising, service delivery, event management and communications and PR, apply by sending your CV and covering letter, outlining why you would like to volunteer for COSMIC. For further information click here or contact Vicky Rees on 020 331 26947. To apply please send a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com.
Every year the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at St Mary's Hospital in London treats hundreds of children who are seriously ill. COSMIC relies totally on your donations to provide life-saving equipment and to fund vital research to ensure that the children in our care get the best treatment possible. Find out more
Donate by clicking here or text COSM10 and the amount you wish to donate afterwards e.g. COSM10 £10 to 70070
<p>What is COSMIC? from COSMIC Charity on Vimeo.
For more cute video clips and to find out more about the #IAMCOSMIC campaign click here
These are just a few examples of what the money donated to COSMIC can go towards to help us help sick children, as well as their families and our ward staff.
- 60p - Toothbrushes and toothpaste for parents staying in our hotels
- £8 - One bereavement support book for siblings
- £10 - One welcome pack and PICU parent information booklets
- £10 - A gift for patients/siblings/parents who may have a birthday whilst in hospital
- £15 - One set of baby hand imprints and a presentation box
- £30 - Modelling dough for foot and hand imprints used as part of our bereavement work
- £45 - One child bereavement counselling session
- £70 - £100 – 1 night in a hotel nearby for parents
- £100 - Travel reimbursement between home and hospital for 1 week
- £500 - Contribute towards a patient funeral costs for a family experiencing financial hardship
- £800 - Quarterly funding for parent bereavement counsellor
- £1,500 - A syringe pump to administer drugs at precise intervals in exact quantities
- £3,000 - A “Baby pod” which is used to safely and securely transport sick children
- £5,500 - Ventilator upgrades, making them state of the art
- £35,000 - A high frequency Oscillating ventilator
- £150,000 - An intensive care bed and basic machines